Since a change in the rules a few years ago, it's now against the regulations for members of the public to cuddle koalas in Sydney and the rest of NSW. No zoo or wildlife park in NSW is permitted to allow guests to cuddle koalas. However, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo offers guests the chance to get as close to koalas as possible, and because we have very strict rules about how often our individual animals are on display, guests can be absolutely certain that the koalas are not stressed by these up-close encounters.
Articles in this section
- What are Koala Encounters?
- When does Koala Encounters run?
- What's included in Koala Encounters?
- Are there any restrictions to complete this experience?
- Can I hold or cuddle a Koala?
- What's the maximum number of individuals who can complete this experience?
- Do you offer a spectator ticket?
- Is the price the same for adults and children?
- Can I purchase a gift voucher for this experience?
- Do I have to bring anything for this experience?